The 2010 is coming to an end and I was recently thinking about things/moments/people/changes which marked this year for me.
I decided to write a blog post about it and call it The Five landmarks of 2010.
Here is my list, in no particular order:
1. One of the most important changes in my life was when I admitted to myself that I’m depressed. It wasn’t easy to admit such a thing to myself but I’m much better now that I’ve reached out for help. I’m seeing a psychologist and taking anti-depressants and I’m slowly getting better.
I would like to say thank you to Mr. Starlight because you’ve been so sweet, patient and considerate in the past year. I don’t know what I would do without your help and I know that I’ve said thank you a million times but I will never be able to do for you what you’ve done for me. Thank you darling, I love you so much.
2. The scariest moment this year was when my little sister Pia sent me a text message saying that my other sister Klara is in the hospital because she badly hurt herself. My world stopped for a moment.
I called my Mom and she didn’t pick up so I called Pia and asked her what’s going on and if Klara is going to be ok. She told me that Klara fell from a
5 meter (approx. 16 feet) ledge and landed on her head. . Mr. Starlight and I immediately drove to the hospital and when I walked into Klaras room I was shocked. I couldn’t say anything because I could barely stop myself from crying. She had a swollen eye and she could barely open it. She also had a wound on her forehead and smaller bruises and it looked very badly.
She smiled when I came to her bedside and I hugged her happily knowing that she’ll be alright.
3. In July Mr. Starlight and I went on a road trip around the
Europe for a month. We drove through Switzerland, Lichtenstein, France, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Belgium, United Kingdom (ok, we only visited London but we were in The UK, that counts, right?), Italy and . It was the best road trip ever and we had so much fun. Monaco
I could write a lot more about this but it would turn out to be a post about the road trip, so I’ll stop here.
4. Because of my depression I had problems with my studies and I thought I won’t pass my second year. It was really rough two months for me but Mr. Starlight and his mother was telling me I can do it all the time. They really helped me and believed in me when even I didn’t and I’m really grateful for that. With their encouragement and a lot of studying I’m now in my third year of studies.
5. In October I started writing my blog. I had problems sleeping and one night at about 2 am I wrote my first blog post I'm a virgin. Since then I’m regularly writing about all sorts of things and I think this also helps me cope with my depression. A few people are regularly reading and commenting on my blog which I really appreciate. It’s nice to know that someone is interested in my writing and it keeps me doing it.
A huge thanks to all of you out there who read my posts and leave me comments. I’m really grateful for this and it means so much to me.
There are so many wonderful and talented writers out there and I also enjoy reading their (your) posts, not just writing mine.
So, here are five things I wanted to share with you.
I would love to see it if you, dear reader and fellow blogger, would also write about five things that marked this year for you. I hope I encouraged you to write down your own list and if you do, please leave me a link, I would love to read it.