Wednesday 3 November 2010

A great day

I had a great day today! I woke up very slowly and then drank tea and chilled out. After recharging my batteries I read some literature for today’s lecture which was very interesting. The literature, not the lecture…
Before the lecture I met up with my colleague in a café to catch up. We had a great time. Talking about favourite tv series is always fun and getting some approval for watching tv series instead of studying is a big relief. It’s also always good to know that you’re not the only one doing that so you feel less guilty about it.
After this nice chit chat we had to go to the lecture where I felt like the stupidest person on Earth. I didn’t have a clue what the professor was talking about. We had to read an article about elections in Iran which was, as I already said, very interesting. But at the lecture I found out that this article had deeper meaning which I didn’t see. I felt a bit better when other colleagues told me that they were as confused as I was but I would still like to understand that article.
After this confusing lecture the day got better again. I met up with two of my oldest friends for lunch in a chic restaurant in the centre of the city. We haven’t seen each other for a couple of weeks so we had a lot to talk about. One of them was in Norway last week and she brought us a cute and useful little gift – bookmarkers (we both love to read) with a picture by the famous Norwegian painter Edvard Munch – Skrik (The Scream).
Time flew by and it was time to go home since we all have work to do.

Edvard Munch – Skrik (The Scream)

But before going home I had another stop – at a tea shop. I almost ran out of tea so I was in a desperate need of a new stash. I love the smell in there and usually I can hardly resist buying everything they have. After a hard decision I bought two black teas – Choco power and Vanilla and also two green teas – China gunpowder and Green red orange.
When I came home to my sweetheart we cuddled a bit, and now I’m writing my blog with a cup of tea (Green red orange) by my side.
What a perfect day!

3 comments:

  1. Waking up slowly is the besway to wake up! I agree, your day does sound perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. waking up slow, catching up with friends, cuddling and more tea.... the perfect concoction for a perfect day...glad to know you had fun... :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. obviously your a tea addict! hehe. nice that you had a fab day! :)

    ReplyDelete