Tuesday 9 November 2010

Left behind

I wake up in the middle of the night and you’re not there. Maybe you got up to drink a glass of water? I listen… everything’s quiet out there. I turn on the light and hear your footsteps. Those familiar, sometimes too loud, but comforting footsteps. You come to the bedside all dressed up.
“What’s going on? What’s the time?” I have no idea what’s going on and why you’re in your black Levi’s and a jacket over a T-shirt in middle of the night. Then I notice there’s something wrong. Your face and your eyes are like an open book to me. I can see when something’s going on with you. I’m scared. I ask you again. “What’s wrong?”
You’re quiet. I see you can’t talk; you aren’t able to tell me what’s happening. You can’t look me in my eyes.
“Are you going anywhere?” I get up and grab a phone on my table to see what the time is. “It’s 2 a.m. Where are you going in the middle of the night?”  Then I see your suitcase in the middle of the living room. “You’re leaving me.” It’s all I can say. I can’t stand anymore and I can’t think.
“I’m sorry.” You finally said something. “I can’t live like this anymore. I’m really sorry. I didn’t want to leave you like this but it’s very hard for me too. I couldn’t look you in your eyes and tell you I’m leaving you. I just couldn’t. I love you too much… but I can’t stand this anymore.”
I feel like I’m falling. I can’t think straight. I want to scream, to ask you why, beg you for one more chance. But I can’t talk…
Then I wake up and realise it was all just a bad dream, you’re peacefully lying next to me, sleeping. I hug you and fall back to sleep. I love you. 

9 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful post....I liked it a lot...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful.I was almost gonna ask you why he's leaving the girl but then I found out that it was all just a dream. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful. I love it. =)

    And in response to your comment to me...That site can be used internationally. You can share books within your own country or from other countries

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great, I was getting upset for you then got to the dream bit. Beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gave me butterflies and heart palpitations! Very beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your nice comments, it means so much to me that you like my blogs and my writing. It also gives me a lot of eagerness for writing. Thank you all again from the bottom of my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I took the ride and was glad that I learned that you were dreaming. I suffered with you! Well done.

    ReplyDelete